Siggraph, the greatest computer graphics & animation show in the world that also show cases the latest in virtual reality was held in Los Angeles Convention Center between 1 to 3 of August.
I had the opportunity of visiting the show and have a brief look at the show floor and focus on an amazing product for our audience, iClone 7 from Reallusion.
Following the release of iClone 7, Reallusion now announces iClone 7 real-time face and body motion capture, featuring partnerships with Faceware Technologies and Xsens. iClone 7 simplifies mocap with dedicated tools and UI for recording actors in any environment; empowering a single PC into a streamlined and affordable rig for character creation, animation and live face and body mocap.
Reallusion is connecting the industry-leading motion capture providers to iClone 7 delivering a face and body mocap solution that is quick, adaptable to existing pipelines and works with standard consumer equipment or specialty pro helmets and suits. Improve productivity with the mocap-ready plugins for Xsens, Faceware, Noitom and more to come with Reallusion’s open call for developers to expand iClone features via more plugins. Reallusion will showcase the latest plugins coming to iClone 7 at Siggraph 2017 booth #1219. Watch live demonstrations of real-time face and body mocap in iClone 7 featuring support for Xsens and Faceware.
Faceware RT for iClone is a totally independent face mocap tool that uses a highly accurate markerless capture using a regular PC Cam and iClone 7 to achieve real-time facial motion capture recording. Faceware RT for iClone will empower indies and studios of all levels to access face mocap tools geared for ease of use and performance results for any project, previz, or production. Faceware RT for iClone will be available from Reallusion September 2017.
iClone 7 Facial Mocap Features
● Compatible with Standard 3D Characters○ 60 morph facial mapping ready for iClone, Character Creator and DAZ Genesis Characters
● Custom Character Import○ be able to custom import 3D characters via FBX, define facial morph targets using 3DXChange 7.
● Up to Two Face Simultaneous Capture○ In addition to the direct Faceware RT plugin connection, iClone reserves the room for additional Faceware Live face capturing via TCP/IP, adding the possibility for dialog or duo facial motion recording.
● Feature-based Facial Strength Filters○ Globally or separately control the signal input strength for brows, eyelids, eyeballs, mouth, jaw, cheek and head rotate.○ Easily capture stylized characters with proper strength settings to control stylized or exaggerated features.
● Live Face Capture and Imported Image Sequence○ Use PC cam, GoPro or ProHD cameras to capture face motion○ Record actors remotely via video camera and use for the face mocap source
● Face Mask for Selected Capture○ Isolate facial features to mocap the full face or just certain features or muscles.
● Optional Mocap Mouth Blend with Audio LipSync Viseme○ Combine detailed lip shape from lip-sync via real-time audio recorded by iClone during the capture session; maintain the level of overall mouth mocap for facial expressions. Balance the intensity of lip-sync and mocap using sliders.
● Refinement and Face Key Timeline Editing○ Edit face capture performances in post with the iClone timeline. Access the motion capture track to edit & offset with face keys. Mix and Blend using the Viseme and Express intensity slider bars.
● Export Character Morph Animation via FBX○ Take iClone and Character Creator characters to any game-engine or 3D application